Monday, July 26, 2010

What is a blackhead extraction?

I've heard of people getting facials and backhead extractions...I really have no idea what it's all about.





Do they use some kind of special tool to get the blackheads out? and does it damage your skin?What is a blackhead extraction?
The tool they use has a small hole in one end, like how a sewing needle has an eye. The hole is flat on one side, so when they press it down onto your skin, like with the blackhead in the middle of the hole, the pressure forces the blackhead up out of your skin. You can buy them in a beauty supply store...but they can be kind of difficult to use correctly if you aren't trained in how to do it properly, you are more likely to do it wrong and really irritate yourself more. It shouldn't damage your skin if a professional esthetician does it, they are trained in how to do it without damaging your skin. It can definitely be uncomfortable...I get regular facials and the part that kills me is the skin on the sides of your nose, like around your nostrils. I have to hold my breath and clench my fists while she does it there...god it's awful...but the rest of my face doesn't hurt me. It works great, totally worth it...it cleans out your pores all the way and getting it done regularly prevents future blackheads because it cleans out your pores before they have a chance to get all clogged up with crap.What is a blackhead extraction?
They can. 'extraction' basically just means removal, so it can be just about any method. Some can damage your skin.
I have gotten many facials with extraction. My eyes were covered while they did it so I didn't see what kind of tool they were using. Basically they squeeze all the dirt/blackheads out of your skin. It can be really uncomfortable and painful but it really works! I recommend getting it done in the evening because my face was red and puffy but that went away by the next day. My blackheads were gone and my skin looked great. No pain no gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment