Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am lots of marks left after the blackhead squeeze on both of my cheeks. How can they be gone?

Will I ever have smooth beautiful skin?? :(I am lots of marks left after the blackhead squeeze on both of my cheeks. How can they be gone?
Blackheads are one of the biggest skin problems that most college-age women face. I’ve gotten quite a few emails asking about how to get rid of them, and I used to struggle with them myself!





I have an embarrassing story about how I found out I had blackheads in the first place. I guess you could say I was in “blackhead denial.”





It started out innocently enough – I was hanging out with my boyfriend one weekend, goofing around. I was making fun of his eyebrows or something when all of a sudden, he stared at my face with a scrutinizing look. Pressing his finger up against my nose, he said “by the way, how do you get rid of those things?” I think you can guess what he meant.





Yes, he was pointing at blackheads. Skin flaws that even I, Ms. Perfectionist, hadn’t thought about before! I knew I didn’t have perfect skin, but couldn’t believe something so tiny would be noticeable! I was so upset and embarrassed that I not only chewed my boyfriend out for pointing them out, but became completely self conscious about my “blackhead problem.” From then on, I developed a complex (and an intimate relationship with my magnifying mirror) and became obsessed with getting rid of them.





Since that fateful day, I’ve done tons of research, learning what those annoying little black dots are and how to get rid of them! Although my boyfriend’s comment partially traumatized me, on the plus side, my skin is looking a lot better now and blackheads are no longer an issue.





If you want to get rid of blackheads yourself, or just want to know how to keep them away, read on!





Check your makeup – The truth is, what you put on to cover blackheads up might actually be causing more of them! If you wear lots of heavy foundation or use thick face creams, you could be contributing to the problem with your products! In general, if you have a problem with greasy skin and clogged pores, consider using as few products as you can. The fewer layers of stuff that you put on your face, the better.


Lots of water %26amp; healthy eating – Cliche’, maybe, but it’s so true. What you put into your body shows on the outside. Simple as that. If you eat lots of greasy crap, your skin is not going to look as good as it would if you ate more veggies and drank more water.


Use BHA – BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy Acid, which is an exfoliant that removes the dead layer of skin from your face. If you’ve ever seen a skincare product that contains salicylic acid, that’s BHA. BHA is important for getting rid of blackheads because it goes into your pores to clean out the excess oil and dead skin cells that make up blackheads.


A great BHA product that I use is Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Anti Blemish Daily Moisturizer. I put it on at night after washing my face, and when I wake up, my skin always looks better and better. I have less blackheads, and as a bonus, my skin is clearer and softer than it was before!





Do a clay mask once a week – This is only for those of you with oily or combination skin. Dry skin, obviously, needs all the oil it can get. Blackheads are partially caused by excess oil on your face, so if you have greasy skin, a good quality clay mask will help sop up some of the grease and keep your pores clearer. Using it once a week is enough – you don’t want to over-dry your skin, because this could lead to even more problems!


Don’t bother with a pore strip – First of all, they’re basically useless for getting rid of anything that’s stuck deep in your pores. Second of all, they can actually damage your skin! I know these things look like miracle products, but save your money because they aren’t really going to help.


Squeeze, but do it carefully! - This is one situation where picking your face may actually help instead of making things worse. Don’t take this as permission to pick at your face all you want! There is a right and a wrong way to squeeze blackheads and it’s really important that you do it the right way.


First, wash your face with a gentle cleanser. (I like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.) Next, cover your face with a warm, wet cloth for 10 to 15 minutes. Pat your face dry, then wrap tissues around your fingers to prevent slippage. Use GENTLE pressure to press down then up around the sides of the blackhead. If nothing happens after one or two tries, stop. That means the blackhead isn’t ready to come out yet. Whatever you do, don’t pinch, use your nails or press too hard. This can damage your skin and might even lead to scars!





See a dermatologist – If all else fails, a derm can really help you out. They can prescribe things like Retin-A, antibiotics or Accutane, which can all help with blackheads. Procedures like microdermabrasion are also said to be effective, but I recommend trying the above steps first because the problem can usually clear itself up without these extreme treatments.


At the end of the day, blackheads are kind of an ongoing battle. For those of us who are prone to them,I am lots of marks left after the blackhead squeeze on both of my cheeks. How can they be gone?
Hi. Even i had similar problems and nothing seemed to work. However i met a skin consultant here in Bangalore and everything is simply perfect. If you are interested i can give you her number and address by mail (Not here obviously for it may go to wrong hands) at varungupta17@yahoo.com.





I have seen its results and am sure wil do wonders for you as well!!!!





Have A Great Day...
personally i use an oatmeal mask. i make it at the comfort of my home.=-) all you need is oatmeal and water. mix it up until it gets to a pasty texture. put it on ur face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.. once time is up, wet ur hands and start massaging(softly) ur face w the oatmeal mask. do that for a couple of minutes. then get a cloth wet it w/ warm water and remove the mask. you could rinse w water in ur hands if there is remaining mask. do this once a week. this really worked for me w black heads, reducing my pimples, and to clear scars. it also leaves my skin soft. hope it brings you success as it did to me =-)
You're not supposed to squeeze blackheads, because of the fact that it just leaves scars, sometimes tiny holes. Find a good facial cleanser and continue to use that to keep them away.
Apply fresh,raw aloevera gel on the cheeks thrice or twice daily and massage for 1/2 hr.In a month or two you can see your skin becoming smooth.
apply ice immediately after removing the blackheads. You can try the pack of few drops of honey, fresh cream and lemon squeezed in it.
I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too


http://www.beautifulhamesha.com/Blackhea…





http://www.besttipszone.com/
after blackhead squeeze you shud hv applied ice instntly.


now wen the marks have come you cn remove them with a pack of milk and lemon juice.plz make sure next time u remove blackheads apply ice instantly
Photobucket (:

No comments:

Post a Comment