Friday, August 20, 2010

What is the cost of these blackhead remover strips?

itz cool if u dont know the exact price, even a rough idea would help~~





do they really work??What is the cost of these blackhead remover strips?
They're about $6-$8 a box with 8-16 strips. I bought the Biore ones. They really look like a porcupine when you rip them off your nose. It works!What is the cost of these blackhead remover strips?
The Biore ones cost $6-7 AUD for 6 strips in Australia.





73% of 160 people on makeupalley.com would repurchase them after trying. If you do buy them I'd suggest getting the Ultra Deep strips. Here's my review on them, hope it helps you decide. :) -





After using this for the first time I'm sort of torn. They DID get a fair amount of blackheads out (it's somewhat satisfying to see all the brown spikes left on the strip) and when I looked in the mirror I convinced myself that yes, these worked, they had to because they cost $6-7 for 6. Happily, I walked back from the bathroom into my bedroom (with better lighting) and shock horror, it looked like all the blackheads were back. I had to get out my blackhead stick thing (the one that looks like a mini bubble blower) immediately!


And since I was using the ultra ones already, I'd hate to think how useless the regular ones are.





CONCLUSION: Yes they're a relatively pain-free, easy way to get rid of surface blackheads and make your nose really smooth. However this only lasts so long and really, it's not worth the money. I think from this experience, I'd still rather stick with my (painful) blackhead removal stick and put up with a red, bruised nose.





Method on getting the most out of these strips:


- Make sure your skin is exfoliated and clean.


- Open your pores by exposing them to heat/steam. Best way to do this is just use the strips after a shower. Or get a cup of boiling water and hold it below your nose for a few minutes.


- Dampen your nose with (warm) water. Then dry your hands (or the strip still stick your fingers, not your nose) and apply the strip. Make sure it's pressed right up on your skin and there are no folds.


- Wait 15 or so minutes until the strip hardens. When you tap your nose and it feels like cardboard or 'paper mache', then it should be ready.


- Peel the strip off SLOWLY from the sides. If it gets stuck or hurts, try dampening your nose a bit. This shouldn't be very painful!


- After you're done hold a face towel soaked in COLD water to your nose, to close the pores. You don't want dirt getting into your freshly cleaned pores.


- Apply a mud mask or toner.


- Enjoy your smooth nose .. while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment