Monday, August 23, 2010

My toddler has what looks like a blackhead on her chest,does anyone know what this could be?

my 2 year old has this blackhead looking thing on her chest,well actually its where her neck ends and chest begins,my mom says its a sebaceous cyst,or an infected hair follicle,it looks like a blackhead,but i know toddlers don't get blackheads do they? can anyone help me by telling me what this thingcould be,she doesn't act like it bothers her or anything.My toddler has what looks like a blackhead on her chest,does anyone know what this could be?
It may not be a cyst because they are more lumpy looking. If it looks like a blackhead and it is not disappearing it may be an infected follicle. You must take the child to a GP and get the family doctor to check it out. They will be able to tell you what it is and how to treat it. It's never anything serious though but if you leave it, it can get swollen and hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment